I would change the times that I was too busy serving others to savor sweet moments with them. I would change the times that I yelled at them because I wasn't getting MY way. I would change the times we walked through sickness and heartache. I would change all the times we had to pull them away from the known to move them to the unknown. I would change the fact they didn't get to grow up with grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. I would change all the moments I didn't seize to teach them more scripture and more of their Heavenly Father. I would change all the times where I THINK I have failed them.
- Seeing me serve others: God used to teach them to be servants
- All the times I yelled: God used to teach them about forgiveness and grace when you wrong others
- All the physical brokeness: God used to teach them that He alone is their healer and comforter
- All our moves: God used to teach them that He alone will never leave them nor forsake them
- Leaving family: God used to teach them what it means to leave all and follow Him.
- Not teaching them enough: God used to teach them that He has given them the Holy Spirit to be their teacher.
At least that is my prayer - that in all the ways I sinned against them and failed them - that God will use to teach them and continue molding them into the amazing young ladies they are already becoming.
With everything in me, Abigail Ruth and Rebekah Ami, I LOVE YOU!