I Struggle...

...with Titles. Seriously I have sat here for several minutes trying to decided how to title this blog! Also I love to use "....", but I have been informed by the younger generation that using "..." gives the connotation of being mad. I assure you, in my writings, it is not the case. I use them as a pause when I just can't seem to finish the sentence. Mainly because my brain needs the pause! haha!

"What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my LORD, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage that I may gain Christ." Phil 3:8

I have been meditating on this verse for days. It took on a deeper meaning for me after Sunday when we listened to a Tim Keller sermon on John the Baptist. John thought of himself as the lowest of the low...really he didn't even think of himself because his mind and thoughts were so full of Christ.  I want to desire nothing more than to see Christ lifted high and glorified in all things. I waste time on facebook and instagram and blogs; seeing and reading what others are doing. I write and post what I am doing. Why? For the recognition? Which then leads me to meditate on Proverbs where it talks about not boasting about yourself. Or Matthew, not letting the right hand know what the left hand is doing. Or Corinthians in not commending ourselves, but letting the LORD.  But even then...I don't desire to keep quiet about myself with the intent that I will receive recognition from the LORD, or a reward in Heaven. Ok...maybe sometimes that it is my motivation. But I WANT to be like John, so lost of myself that my ONLY thoughts are of my LORD, of His amazing grace and love and compassion and mercy and justice and ALL THAT HE IS! That HE is my motivation for what I say and do.  He is who I strive to point others to...in my home, in Honduras and on social media. I fail, I know I do. So I praise HIM that HIS mercies are new every morning. That every day is a chance to point others to Christ.

Elias asked Jesus to be LORD of his life. He still struggles with disobedience and stubbornness. But his sweet questions of how the Holy Spirit helps us. His tender prayers that the LORD would forgive him and make his heart clean. This crazy amazing being that the LORD has given to us, a responsibility to point to Christ, is being used by the LORD to point myself to Christ. I see in him glimpses of myself, my stubbornness and disobedience...my need for the cross. So I run...trying to throw off all that hinders...I run to the ONE who holds me steadfast in His loving arms.




Comments

Popular Posts