God Is With Us

How many times have we heard, "we live in a fallen sinful world" ?  How many times do we say it?

Today I had a phone call from a Honduran lady;  "I don't want to live anymore....her words hurt me....i am not a good mother..."  She is a lady who lives in a fallen world.

This life the LORD has called us to live is a life where the ugliness of this world is so visible. I don't pretend I am the only one. No matter your geography, there is sin, and sin is ugly. When we open our arms and say "here I am LORD, use me." we open our arms to a fallen and sinful world.

BUT - there is JESUS! "...the author and perfecter of our faith; who for the joy set before him endured the cross..."  The one who came PERFECT and remained PERFECT into this fallen and sinful world so that one day we may be perfect with him in Heaven.

Do I know if my friend is choosing to cling to Jesus tonight? Nope. I don't. I know I encouraged her to call on Him, to remind herself that "Dios esta conmigo. Dios me ama."

God is with her. God does love her.

God is with us. God does love us.

My days have been filled with the 'buisness' end of missions the past several weeks. Today the LORD reminded me it's about the people. The hearts and souls that live in this sinful fallen world who so desperatly need him.

Tomorrow we welcome a team of 10 who are coming from PA. Pray that the LORD would use them to bring his healing love to the people of La Ceiba.

Comments

Popular Posts