Bringing It Full Circle

We're driving. Imagine that!

We just finished a '12 week traveling tour'.  In just a few short hours we will park our van in my parents driveway in SC; the same driveway we pulled out of on August 16th.

We have come full circle.

About this same time 5 years ago we we're coming full circle from our first traveling tour.  Pulling up to our home in MX that we had left three months prior.

I have been reflecting a lot between that trip and this one.  There is the obvious..  The kids are older, we are wiser (or at least I like to pretend we are), we are in a van this time vs the motor home last time, we are just as tired as the first time, and the LORD is still on His throne!

But there is more.  My heart is different.  My attitude. My priorities.

OH GOODNESS! Don't misunderstand. We have had our moments on this trip, just like the last.  I would begin to doubt if we were truly human had we not.  But I am encouraged.  Encouraged to know that the LORD's work in our lives is never finished. That in His mercies we walked His ordained path 5 years ago; made many mistakes; learned from those mistakes; rewalked the path; made different mistakes; now resting in knowing that His faithfulness is never ending and His mercies will be renewed in the morning!

Unlike 5 years ago, we won't be ending our trip at the door of our own home.  We still have two more months before I will walk into my home, wrap my arms around my beautiful baby boy, and enjoy being back with the community of believers God has allowed us to work alongside of.

For now...

Jesus I am resting, resting
In the Joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power
Thou hast made me whole.

chorus:
Jesus, I am resting, resting
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.

O how great Thy loving kindness.
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O how marvellous Thy goodness,
Lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved,
Know Thy certainty of promise,
And have made it mine.
chorus

Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart;
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings;
Thine is love indeed!
chorus

Ever lift Thy face upon me,
As I work and wait for Thee;
Resting 'neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth's dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father's glory,
Sunshine of my Father's face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting;
Fill me with Thy grace.

Comments

Popular Posts