I Sin, You Sin, We all Sin

Face it!  I Sin, you sin, we all sin.  (am I the only one feeling like i should be screaming for ice cream?)

“All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”  Rom 3:23
BUT
“are justified by his grace as a gift.” vs 24

The hardest?  When our sin is towards those we are closest to.  Our sin of pride and selfishness.  Face it, again! Those two things are the root of a lot of sin.  At least they are the root of most of my sin.

When I give my husband a dirty look because he failed me somehow; when I scream at the kids because of disrespect. When I ignore a friend because (in my mind) they have betrayed me.

Did Jesus treat Judas any different than the other disciples in the time leading up to Judas’ betrayal?  Nope.  In fact, Jesus washed his feet hours before he betrayed him.  And He KNEW what Judas was going to do!

Would I do that?  Would I really serve someone KNOWING that they were going to stab me in the back hours later?  UHH..NO!  Calling a spade a spade.

But should I?  Should I follow my LORD’s example?  Grrrrr... why am I writing this again?  Do I love even knowing there will be no return.  Do I fix breakfast knowing there will be complaints.  Knowing that dirty plates will be left for me to clean up.  Knowing not one ounce of gratitude will be heard.

It’s a good thing that Roman 3:24 follows 3:23.


“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deed.” Heb 10:24

We can’t do that on our own though. First...

“Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.  Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.” Heb 10:22-23

It’s a good thing that 10:22&23 precede 10:24

Now...off to wake kids up and make breakfast!


Comments

Popular Posts