Happy New Year 2013

‘In his heart a man plans his course, but God establishes his steps’  Proverbs 16:9

This has been a verse that we cling to all the time as our plans are constantly being changed.  Who would have EVER thought that 2012 would have ended with the Clows having a 2 year old living with them?  Elias was just one of the many surprises God put on our plate -- (but by far the best!).
I sit here and think of all the things that I know are already on our plate in the very near future; if I would let myself I could get overwhelmed.  But I won’t. I will sit here instead and meditate on the truth that God establishes our steps. It is in His strength that we will do today what He gives us.  
Today:  I am going to go sit and drink coffee with my hubby.  Then I am going to enjoy my 5 kids.  I am not going to worry about lesson plans or cleaning the house or how we are going to get all the bills paid and on and on.  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I pray that you too will be able to enjoy this day with family and friends and not dwell on all that 2013 is going to bring your way. BE in this day that the LORD has given you today.  

Comments

Popular Posts