A Day To Erase

In all honesty, today is one of those days I would like to erase.  This morning I received a call from Glenis, Elias’ mom.  She called to ask if she and her mother and her 5 and 9 year old brother and sister could see Elias to say goodbye to him.  Tomorrow morning the four of them leave for a town several hours away.  They could be gone weeks or months, we really have no idea.
My heart had so many emotions running through it today - I still have so many emotions going on.  More than I can even name.  Mostly I am sad.  Glenis loves her son. Elias loves his mom.  But for circumstances and choices made they can’t be together.
My faith is secure and solid knowing that God is sovereign.  He is faithful, merciful and gracious.  My faith in our LORD does not erase all emotions.  And I am glad it doesn’t.  I am glad I feel - doesn’t make it fun when those feelings are sadness.  But, I know that the LORD, in that sadness, is giving me a tenderness.  A tenderness for a little two year who at this moment in time needs me to be his mom.

Please pray for Glenis and her mom.  There are so many things I won’t take the time to write - just ask the Holy Spirit to guide you through what you need to pray.  And don’t forget the 5 and 9 year olds who live with Glenis and her mom.
Please pray for Elias.  He has no idea what’s going on.  In the days that follow visits with his mom he is irritable and grumpy....and understandably so.
Please pray for us (all 6 of us) as we minister to Elias.  Pray for wisdom and guidance.  Pray for a gentleness and tenderness as we walk Elias through the days ahead.  Evan is feeling the frustration.  He is such a tender-hearted boy and he’s unable to fully understand all the reasons why these things are happening.

Comments

Popular Posts