Discipleship

Monday’s I have lunch and a Bible study with 4 Honduran high school girls.  It’s challenging my Spanish that’s for sure! But in HIS STRENGTH alone do I hope that His Word is planted deep in their hearts.
Today’s lesson is on letting God be in control of our lives.

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.  Colossians 1:16


If I truly believe that, then shouldn’t I rest in that hope - rest in the hope that ALL THINGS (myself included) were made BY HIM, FOR HIM.  Therefore if He made me and I am for his good pleasure then I am better off letting Him control me!

Below is a prayer at the end of the Bible Study.  A pray that I should pray everyday!

“Lord I give you myself.
Take my and mind and all I think
Take my eyes and all I see
Take my ears and all I hear
Take my lips and all I say
Take my heart and look at my attitude
Take my hands and all that I do
Take my feet and everywhere I go
Take my body, it’s your temple
Fill me with your Holy Spirit
I want to obey you.
I want to do your will.”

Please pray that I can effectively share this with the girls.  Pray that I would not only show them this with words but with my life as well.  


Comments

Popular Posts