Don’t Despise Your Mother

     I just have to say that my kids rock!  Yes, they can be disrespectful, disobedient, cruel, cranky....the list goes on.  But, they can also be kind, thoughtful, FLEXIBLE, hard-working and understanding...the list still goes on.  Especially, they are understanding of the life that their parents put them through.  :-)
     This week we got back to morning family devotions before school.  I have missed this time the most, I think.  We had them last week, but daddy was missing.  So much sweeter and more meaningful (in my opinion) to have John reading to them - of course from Proverbs (we need all the help and wisdom we can get) and then praying over them.  
     This morning we read from Proverbs 23.  Paraphrased, “don’t despise your mother when she’s old”.  That brought the house down with laughter and got us way off track.  Evan said, “How can I take care of you when I have a family? We won’t be able to go anywhere.”  Abi replied, “She’ll have her wheelchair and you can push her around.”  John, “You are missing the point for what you need to learn today, respect your mother and obey her.”  Of course, that wanted me to break out in song, R-E-S-P-E-C-T.  But, alas, I refrained. Sometimes John thinks he has 5 kids instead of 4.  Sometimes he does!

Comments

Popular Posts