When Parenting is Just HARD....

It's not for the faint of heart. That's for sure! Parenting.  At 23 I wanted so desperately to be a mom.  At 26 the LORD gave me that desire.  AND I AM SO THANKFUL HE DID.  But when I anticipated a child, I didn't anticipate that parenting would be so hard.  I knew there would be sleepless nights.  I knew there would be moments when I would hurt for my kids.  What I didn't anticipate was the constant tug of my heart and mind.  Every second guessing every decision, every action, every word.  Have I made the right choices? Have I done right by them? Have I said what I should to them?

My head knows the answer to that question: No and Yes. I am not perfect by any means.  I have never claimed to be and I'll be the first to own my sin.  Yet, I hold as tight as I can to the grace that has been given me. I hold tight to the ONE who holds tight, not just to me, but to my children.

I just received another anonymous email.  I don't know why this person is so bent on criticizing my mothering. When I read it, I know it's a lie.  But the enemy uses it to try and create guilt in me over not being a better parent.

So, when I am already in a hard parenting season. When I am already critiquing myself over the last 17 years. When I am already judging all that I should have done different.  Someone else telling me that my "parenting skills are like that of a welfare ghetto queen" --- not really what my soul needed to hear today.

I choose to listen to a wiser voice.

I choose to focus on the written truth.

I choose to hold firm to...
"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you (me and my children) will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:6

Comments

Popular Posts